1.1.0 wishlist (was: Re: [kaffe] Next release)

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Thu Apr 24 08:34:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 09:19, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> --- Timothy Stack <stack at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> > > I'm not aware of one. I could offer a wishlist
> > > instead.
> >
> > I say we do a feature freeze on May 18th, spend two weeks testing it on
> > everything we can, and then do a release on June 1st.  Of course, up until
> > the feature freeze we can try and jam as much into it as possible. The
> > dates are influenced by my schedule since I'll be out of touch the last
> > two weeks of june, so speak up if its a problem.
>
> sounds fine to me.

That sounds good to me too.

I actually wrote up a longer-term "Release Plan" last weekend where I
had mapped out one possible scenario for doing a series of releases
leading up to a "stable" 1.2.0 release next year.

I had it all done up in Docbook, and I was going to put it on the
website for discussion.

However, due to an unfortunate "vi mishap", I now need to retype it all
in again this weekend.  :-(

Cheers,

 - Jim