[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1.1 "Development" Release available for download

Dalibor Topic robilad@kaffe.org
Wed Aug 6 02:50:02 2003

Hi Kiyo,

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> One more problem.
> Except for alpha-linux, i386-freebsd, i386-linux, ia64-linux, and
> s390-linux, interrupt in 'kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-jthreads/jthread.h'
> can not be compiled. Because this function has its argument definition
> by using macro 'SIGNAL_ARGS(sig,sc)' and default def for this it
> 'int sig' and sc is not defined in this case. But this variable
> is used to 'EXCEPTIONFRAME' macro.

thanks for the bug anaysis, Milos also told me that was the reason why
kaffe 1.1.1 doesn't build on NetBSD. The EXCEPTIONFRAME macro call in
jthread.c has been introduced in the JVMPI patch. It has only been used
before in the signal.c files of threading subsystem implementations, and
  it is defined away there for the interpreter case.

I'm not sure whether I should push it into the respecitve jthread.h
files, or not. Tim, what do you think?

>>With the "reporting system", I plan to periodically test cross compiling
>>to several different targets in several different configurations, so at
>>least we will know when we break the cross-compiling support in the future.
>
> It's a very good news for supporting minor-cpu (or minor-os). Even
> without executing, we can find out several cross-platform bugs :-)

yep, build bugs are very annoying since they effectively prevent people
working on support for smaller systems from participating in the
develpement. when a configure run takes a few hours, having to fix build
problems is probably not a great option ;)