[kaffe] hsqldb - Abstract method in non-abstract class error

Rob Gonzalez rgonzale at wso.williams.edu
Fri Aug 1 06:43:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

The check for abstract methods in non-abstract classes is actually
something that _should_ take place in pass 2 of verification.  Currently,
it's checked in classMethod.c:682.

Sun's JVM does not enforce this rule at all, so unless someone has an
objection I say we go ahead and remove that check entirely.  I can't see
any technical problems with this change and have regression tested the
latest CVS head with KJC and it passes everything.

Rob