[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1.1 "Development" Release available for download

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Aug 3 22:20:03 PDT 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:19:12 +0900 (JST)
Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Congratulations for periodical development release for Kaffe. But this
> version may not work for cross environment. The reason is it introduces
> new check for 'in_port_t' and if it fails it tries to determine
> 'in_port_size' by executing a test program. This mod is introduced
> to support getaddrinfo replacement (this itself is a good news for
> old linux users).

Darn.  I guess we can't win them all...  :-(

At least it's only a "development release".  We don't promise that there
won't be regression, at the moment.

> Any way to solve this problem?

Generally speaking, we just need to select a default for the
cross-compiling cases (maybe the default can be configurable).

Most people dealing with cross-compiling tend to have to deal with these
types of issues alot anyways, so they'll survive.  :-)

I almost finished off my regression testing "reporting system" this
weekend.  I think I'm about 80% done - I mostly just have work left on
some of the web UI and interface issues.  Unfortunately, I came up few
hours short, so it won't be ready this weekend.  Maybe next weekend, or
during the week if I get lucky.

With the "reporting system", I plan to periodically test cross compiling
to several different targets in several different configurations, so at
least we will know when we break the cross-compiling support in the future.

Cheers,

 - Jim