[kaffe] New JThread commit

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Mon Aug 4 06:39:02 PDT 2003

Hi everyone,

I am about to check in an upgraded JThreads package in kaffe and I think
(quite certainly) that it will break PThreads because I changed some
behaviour and introduced some new functions. With the new package I am
also adding new socket functionalities and compliance against Java 1.4
(although there are still one or two functions missing). I am planning
to fix PThreads package after that and continue to upgrade packages. All
these modifications are needed for the NIO package I am developping (I
still have not any clue of what Michael has really done on GCJ, I am
waiting for him to commit it in classpath).

I will wait one day or two before regenerating Klasses.jar.bootstrap
because I may still have to modify PlainDatagramSocketImpl.

Cheers,
Guilhem.