[kaffe] compile on netbsd fails

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Thu Aug 7 02:00:03 PDT 2003

M.Negovanovic wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 12:52:39PM +0200, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
>

>>The problem is that it is not sufficient to handle exception frame with
>>the translator... have a look at i386/freebsd2/md.h for example.
>>

>adding the:
>
>#define SIGNAL_ARGS(sig, sc) int sig, int __code, struct sigcontext *sc
>
>to config/i386/netbsd1/md.h did fix it.

Great. Could you submit a patch against the last CVS so we can check it
in with a short ChangeLog.

>Now build stops while bootstraping in:
>libraries/javalib/kaffe/net/www/protocol/http/HttpURLConnection.java
>
>It complains about not declared requestProperties variable. Ive greped
>the source for it and in another place found it declared as Vector. So
>simple:
>
>Vector requestProperties = new Vector();
>
>fixed that. I have no idea if this is OK, but bootstrap ends fine.
>Anyway someone that knows more about this might want to look at it.

I do not think there is any problem in the library: here it compiles
both with KJC and Jikes 1.18 as it should
because requestProperties is declared as protected in URLConnection
(inherited class).
What kind of java compiler do you use ?

Regards,
Guilhem.