[kaffe] CVS kaffe (jim): Testing new loginfo / cvsps script.

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Wed Aug 13 07:43:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:15:56 -0700
Jim Pick <jim at kaffe.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:59:00 +0200
> Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:
>
> > wow! that's really nice! I must check in something today to test it ;)
>
> Oops.  There were some bugs in the perl script where it detected the
> first line in the ChangeLog - the subjects were coming across blank.
>
> I think it's fixed now.

There also looks like there could be more problems due to the fact that I'm
not attempting to do any locking.  I'm hoping the .cvsps cache does some
locking or doesn't get corrupt if two requests come in at the same time.

So far, that doesn't seem to have happened - I've seen one example of
two commits being processed at the same time.  I'll keep my fingers
crossed that I don't have to write ugly locking code.

The other problem is that the processing happens in two stages.  During
the commit, only an email is sent off the second stage.  The second stage
receives the email, and does the processing.  It's dumb, it just assumes
the latest commit by that user is the appropriate one.  Unfortunately,
I've seen one instance where the email took 15 minutes to go through,
which isn't good...

So, don't expect this to be working perfectly for a few days yet.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim