[kaffe] completed bytecode verifier!

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Mon Aug 18 06:39:01 PDT 2003

On Friday, August 8, 2003, at 10:22 AM, Timothy Stack wrote:but not
>> CSTATE_LINKED. The subclass would load the superclass using this
>> special
>> getClass(), set its own state to CSTATE_LOADED_SUPER (and NMS_LOADING)
>> and process the superclass to CSTATE_LINKED afterwards. That way, the
>> verifier would be able to properly resolve the subclass while
>> verifying
>> the superclass, but detection of ClassCircularityErrors should still
>> work?
>
> I think the circularity checking is broken, its just checking to see if
> there is a loop in calls to loadClass and not checking that its still
> trying to load the super class.  For example, in this case CMember
> would
> have finished loading its super (java.lang.Object) so there is no
> circularity.
>
> I'm thinking the fix would involve a new class state and classEntry
> state
> that break up the loading of the super class.  I'll try to look at it
> more
> over the weekend...

Did I say last weekend, I meant this weekend...  Anyways, the only way
I could figure out how to fix this was to start another thread to do
the load.  Its not ideal, but I'm having trouble finding any other way
to do it that works with user loaders.

>> Helmer
>
> tim

tim