[kaffe] javac error on simple rmi test program

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Aug 19 06:29:02 PDT 2003

Hi Todd,

tlewis at mindspring.com wrote:
> I'm having a problem compiling a simple RMI example from Sun.  JDK1.1 has
> no problem with it.
>
> I'm happy to supply the rest of the project if need be, but I'm unclear on
> what could be the problem, and I hate to drown the list with unneeded info.
> I'm a java newbie (I'm working on a transaction server in C and am looking
> into supporting JTS), and so I may be overlooking something trivial and
> dumb.  However, for my sake, a simple line number reference to the exception
> would have helped a lot.
>
> I have yet to get an RMI example working under kaffe; I am hoping to be
> able to do so, since I don't want to use unfree software and will rather
> wait on the support I need from kaffe or gcj than use the JDK.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.  Feel free to mail me privately if need
> be.

thanks for the bug report, and sorry for the delayed response, there is
a lot going on at the moment, and there is just a few of us ;)

I've just updated kaffe's RMI implementation to the latest one from GNU
Classpath. Kaffe's java compiler, kjc, has also seen some bug fixes
recently. So it would be great if you could try again with the current
CVS HEAD from kaffe.org and see if the problems persist.