[kaffe] Kaffe Party/Documentation/Tools/Pizza/Development fund?

Toad toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 22 09:04:01 PDT 2003

It seems to me that a significant number of people would donate hard
cash to a Kaffe fund of some type, as long as there was sufficient
transparency in its use (we solved this problem at Freenet by setting up
a 501(c)(3); it pays my salary now; other projects, handling less money,
have dealt with this differently e.g. Wine). There are various things it
could be used for; I suspect you know them better than I do. At FP.org,
we use it mainly to pay for me (but I work rather cheap by US
standards - $18K/annum at present), and for web hosting. Does Kaffe need
any particular technical resources at the moment? Is there anything else
that money could be used for for the clear and unambiguous benefit of
Kaffe as a free software project?
Matthew J Toseland - toad at amphibian.dyndns.org