[kaffe] Details on backported stuff...

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Aug 31 18:09:02 PDT 2003

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:22:25 -0600 (MDT)
Timothy Stack <stack at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I've back ported some stuff from the JanosVM to do run time
> access/link checking on the byte code, some verification related
> stuff, and test cases for all of the above.  Hopefully, it will work
> fine, I've tested it with a fair amount of local stuff.  However, you
> might get an IllegalAccessError in weird places, if so, just send
> email and I'll get to fixing it.

When doing a "make install" (and "make check" too), kjc seems to be
triggering IllegalAccessErrors...

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/jim/jimpick/kaffe/build/test-head/build/test/regression/compile_time'
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: java/security/SecureClassLoader.defineClass
   at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader$JarSource.findClass (AppClassLoader.java:143)
   at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader.findClass (AppClassLoader.java:291)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:142)
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: java/security/SecureClassLoader.defineClass
   at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader$JarSource.findClass (AppClassLoader.java:143)
   at kaffe.lang.AppClassLoader.findClass (AppClassLoader.java:291)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:142)
and so on...

Using Jikes, the jitBasic test is failing for me too.

Cheers,

 - Jim