[kaffe] Installing Kaffe on ia64

Adam Parrish waparris at ncsu.edu
Tue Dec 2 06:47:02 PST 2003

I downloaded and tried to build Kaffe for my first time today on an
IA-64 architecture. I am running Debian Linux 3 on 2.4.20 kernel. Has
anyone successfully compiled this software for ia64. I have read in
places that it is being ported, but I have not found any decent
documentation as to getting it to work. If anyone has any suggestion on
how to install the VM on my system I would definately appreciate it.

The error I get is during the make for kaffe-1.0.7:

make[3]: *** [md.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/kaffe-1.0.7/kaffe/kaffevm'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/kaffe-1.0.7/kaffe/kaffevm'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/kaffe-1.0.7/kaffe'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Thanks,
Adam

--