[kaffe] Where is the gnu/crypto/ stuff?

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Dec 3 18:20:05 PST 2003

Hi James,

James Simmons wrote:
> I finally toke a look at the new kaffe stuff. You added the gnu crypto
> code to the profile files but you didn;t add the java files to CVS. Could
> you added them or tell me where to get them?

sorry for taking so long to reply, so much merges to do, so little time ;)

I purged the gnu/crypto stuff alongside the org.metastatic classes from
CVS according to a reccommendation from Casey Marshall, theJessie
maintainer, to just provide the wrapper classes for javax.net and none
of the implementation. I think I also removed all the references to
gnu/crypto from the profile files. If I didn't, i.e. a CVS update -APd
doesn't help, send me an e-mail with the names of the offending profile
files, , and I'll get them updated.

The official way now to enable crypto support in kaffe is to build GNU
crypto separately, and use --with.gnu-crypto on the configure line to
point to the installation. After the merge with GNU classpath, I hope to
have some time to play with kaffe-extras and update the build.xml there
to fetch GNU crypto and Jessie from CVS and build them with the latest
kaffe checkout from cvs as an ant task.