[kaffe] mipsel SIGSEGV

Mark and Janice Juszczec juszczec at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 7 10:24:02 PST 2003

>I'm not familiar with uisng gdb over wire, but judging by
>http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb_19.html#SEC174 you need to
>make sure your GDB on the PC was configured and built with
>`--target=mips-idt-ecoff'.

Yes, it was.  Its odd that the html doc you reference says I should be able
to do:

target r3900 <dev> to use "Densan DVE-R3900 ROM monitor for Toshiba R3900
Mips."

because when I do help targets from gdb (configured with
--target=mips-idt-ecoff) r3900 is not in the list.

>the other choice may be to use the gdbserver program on the mipsel

I tried this.  After stripping, gdbserver is too big to put on the Helio
with kaffe, rt.jar, the kernel, etc.

>board to connect to gdb, but I'm not very familiar with that, really. I
>hope someof our mips hackers can chip in.

I do too.  A web search to find out what I have to do to make the target
r3900 valid has given me no useful information.

Mark