[kaffe] Help me !!! I porting the kaffe on mpis cpu, but I had error of execution

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Dec 12 08:51:02 PST 2003

Hi Atsushi,

your patch looks good to me, so I'd like to check it in. But ...

I don't know if Ito asked you about your clean-room status, so (since
you've been actively developping patches for kaffe in the last few
days), I'd like to know what your cleanroom status is before I apply
further patches.

I need your confirmation that you're not 'tainted', i.e.
have looked at Sun's sources, decompiled their class libraries, or
signed an NDA preventing you from contributing to a free java effort.

It may sound like too much legalese, but we need to protect you and
ourselves from somebody pulling an SCO on us. ;)

See http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC2 for
more information on Classpath's definition of clean-room conditions.
They are the same for kaffe, except that we don't ask for copyright
assignment to the FSF."

This is basically the same as was on the old kaffe web page:
http://web.archive.org/web/20010605073259/http://www.kaffe.org/develop.html#cleanroom

"You say Kaffe is a cleanroom effort: Can anybody contribute?  What
requirements are there?

     Since Kaffe is a cleanroom effort, you cannot contribute to Kaffe
if you are under a non-disclosure agreement with Sun.  If you have
doubts about your ability to contribute, contact the Kaffe core team.

     Secondly, you must not refer to any Sun code while working on
Kaffe.  Specifically, you may not look at the sources that Sun
distributes with their JDK (i.e., src.zip) under any circumstances.  You
also may not disassemble their classes.  It is, however, okay for you to
download their JDK and use it for purposes of comparison. If you have
specific questions, contact the Kaffe core team.

     If you are granted write access to the CVS repository, we will ask
you to sign a statement confirming your cleanroom status."

We don't do the signing bit anymore since the project woke up again last
year. Instead I prefer to ask people about their clean-room status when
they submit patches.

That being said, I'd like to encourage you to keep up the good work. If
you continue "flooding" us with good patches, I'll ask Jim to grant you
CVS access. So, if I understand everything correctly, kaffe, when
compiled on mipsel-linux, can build the class library (using kjc) with
your patch & jit3? That would be quite huge.