[kaffe] kjc compiler bug?

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp
Fri Dec 19 19:27:02 PST 2003

Hi,

A new bug report of KJC has been posted to the kaffe mailing list:
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-December/044752.html

I am far from familiar with the grammar of kjc/Kjc.g,  but I am
afraid the pattern "ClassName.this" cannot be treated as an
primary expression (jPrimaryExpression in Kjc.g), so
the pattern "ClassName.this.super()" cannot be treated as
an explicit constructor invocation (jExplicitConstructorInvocation
in Kjc.g).  As a result, "ClassName.this.super()" is treated
as an method invocation expression.

As a workaround,  you can avoid this bug by changing the expression

   OuterSub.this.super()

   (OuterSub.this).super()

I hope a Kjc.g hacker may fix this bug.