[kaffe] BufferedReaderTest too strict

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Mon Dec 29 09:23:02 PST 2003

Hi,

Merging classpath and kaffe I noticed that the regression test
BufferedReaderTest is too strict compared to what the spec says. If you
mark a reader for n bytes then after some IO calls you call reset, you
only have to remember the n bytes. This test goes further for some input
reader JDK is capable to reset after more than n bytes have passed. This
regression test try to check that but according the API you are not
obliged. Classpath changed the API to force reset to throw an error if
you try to reset when more than n bytes have passed. So I'm considering
to delete some tests in BufferedReaderTest ...

What do you think ?

Cheers,
Guilhem.