[kaffe] kaffe compilation errors

Balaji Rs Iyengar briyenga at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Dec 31 09:56:01 PST 2003

Hi,

 I am trying to compile the cuurent version of kaffe (1.0.7). My platform
is sparc with sunos 5.8. I have been able to cofigure and make kaffe
however make check fails and this is the error message i get:

PASS: HelloWorldApp.class.save
PASS: HelloWorldApp.java
PASS: TestIntLong.java
PASS: TestFloatDouble.java
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check-TESTS'
Current working directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check-am'
Current working directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check-recursive'
Current working directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check-recursive'

Also I tried to execute a Helloworld program and the error message is:

eos% kaffe HelloWorld.class
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: HelloWorld/class
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:native)

I am not sure if I am missing any libraries. For installing kaffe this is
what I did:

1. gzip kaffe-1.0.7.tar.gz
2. tar -xvf kaffe-1.0.7.tar
3. ./configure --prefix=path
4. make
5. make install

any ideas/help on compiling kaffe are appreciated a lot.

thanks
-Balaji.