[kaffe] Kaffe and Mac OS X

Dalibor Topic robilad@yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 16:22:01 2003

Hallo Michael,

--- Michael Franz <mvfranz@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > First, what version are you running? What engine
> > (intrp, jit, jit3)? Is that on Darwin/i386? So you
> > ported kaffe to Darwin/i386, right? Could you post
> > the
> > patches, please? ;)
> I am using 1.0.7.  I didn't do anything special, so
> am not sure ab out intrp/jit/jit3.  I compiled for
> Darwin/x86 and for Mac OS X 10.2 (had to use the old
> compiler - too many problems with kaffe source for
> gcc3).

These problems are fixed in the current CVS tree (I
guess it's the include path issue).

> I can send the patches, just a sub-directory for the
> OS and CPU - these might be the problem.  I am also
> going to upgrade to Jikes 1.17 - darwin has 1.15
> which
> does not work with kaffe.

Yeah, please post them to the list. I've just
downloaded the latest x86-darwin iso from Apple
(6.02), so I'd like to give it a try with the latest
sources and your patch merged in.

Before I can merge them in (when we get them to work
as expected), I need to know if you've decompiled
Sun's sources, used them in any way, or signed an NDA
that would prevent you from contributing to kaffe. If
you're not "tainted", then post freely ;)

> > Then, could you post the result of make check ? Do
> > all
> > the regression tests fail in the same way?
> >
> The test all fail on Darwin 5.x /x86, three say they
> pass, but I don't think so, since kaffe does not
> run.
> Darwin 6.x/ppc has 12 of 114 fail.  Probably
> accurate.

O.K. that sounds bad on x86.

> I am more interested in the intel version, OS X has
> JVM.

x86 the only version I could provide some assistance
for, as I don't have access to a powerpc-darwin
platform.

best regards,