[kaffe] Kaffe CVS: kaffe dalibor

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 14:47:01 PST 2003

--- Timothy Stack <stack at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> > Hi Tim,
>
> hi,
>
> > very weird.
> >
> > I've just done a build on HP testdrive
> i386-freebsd
> > machine, and it works for me. I've run
> ./configure;
> > make in the source directory.
>
> Bah, you and you're source directory builds ;).  Try
> configuring/building
> in a separate directory...

Ah, I see. I'd guess the Klasses.jar.bootstrap in
$CLASSPATH should be a
$(abssrcdir)/Klasses.jar.bootstrap in the first 5
lines of libraries/javalib/Makefile.am. Could you give
it a try, reautotoolize and see if that works better?

Btw, what is the status of make dist & make distcheck
? Your patch should have improved some things there,
but I was still having some problems with make dist
when autotoolized using automake 1.4p5 & autoconf 2.13
and make distcheck when autotoolized using automake
1.7.2 and autoconf 2.57. If I remeber it correctly,
make dist should generate a .tar.gz file that can be
configured and built anywhere, even on i386-NetBSD.
right? That platform is currently broken because its
make doesn't like the makefile after ./configure ...