[kaffe] jar -u implemented

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 15:10:01 PST 2003

Hi,

I've checked in an implementation of the update option
(-u) for kaffe's jar into the CVS tree. Adam, could
you give it a try and see if that helps in your case
with the debian bug report #170059 ?

The implementation currently lacks support for the -um
new_manifest option, but it should be easy to add, if
you are interested on hacking on it. It's just a
matter of refactoring a few methods to generalize the
handling of manifest files further, I guess.

It works by extracting the not-updated zip entries in
an archive into a zip output stream in memory. Then it
adds the updated entries. Finally, the memory contents
is written to a file.

best regards,