[kaffe] Re: IA-64 port works again in CVS tree

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 14:48:01 PST 2003

Hi Gwenole,

--- Gwenole Beauchesne <gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft.com>
wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Gwenole Beauchesne wrote:
>
> > Oh, thanks for noticing that. However, two things
> that just hit my head:
> > 1) <ia64intrin.h> is always available with gcc. I
> haven't checked icc yet.
> > 2) I probably messed up the non-<ia64intrin.h>
> part.
>
> Concerning (1), nope ia64intrin.h and compare&swap
> intrinsic is not
> available with icc.

Speaking of icc, does kaffe compile on i386-linux with
icc?

> > > Now it compiles, compiles the class library and
> make check results in 34
> > > failures. The failures are attached.
> >
> > I thought I once had around 7 or 14 failures.
> Unfortunately, the remote
> > ia64 system is inaccessible at the moment.
>
> Remote system back to life and I do get around 45
> failures (MDK 9.0, gcc
> 3.2.1). The problem is it never failed that way in
> the past. i.e.
> internal errors when compiling.

I'd guess that most of them are kjc compiler related,
because most *.fail files are about kaffe not being
able to find the test class in my case (SuSE Linux
7.2a (ia64) - Kernel 2.4.4-SMP (2), gcc 3.0, from HP's
TestCenter ;). Could you run 'make check VERBOSE=1'
and see how many tests don't compile ? Or check if for
some missing test classes the .class files are
actually missing?