[kaffe] configure fun

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Fri Feb 7 00:25:02 PST 2003

Hi,

I tried compiling kaffe a few minutes ago, configured it with

./configure --disable-sound --with-threads=unix-pthreads --enable-debug --with-engine=jit3 --without-x --with-awt=no --with-class-library-profile=default

and finally got this message:

-----------8<-------------------------
mkdir lib
/bin/sh ./rebuildLib @essential.files
Compiling classes from @essential.files using  unix-pthreads
./rebuildLib: unix-pthreads: command not found
----------->8-------------------------

Being no configure expert, I think the problem
is this switch in configure.in:

-----------8<------------------------
case $with_jikes in
yes)
        use_jikes="yes ($JIKES)"
        JIKES=$JIKESPROG
        ;;
no)
        use_jikes="no"
        JIKES=
        ;;
*)
        use_jikes="yes ($JIKES)"
        JIKES="$withval"
        ;;
esac

If I don't specify a --with-jikes option,
$with_jikes is undefined, so the last two
statements are executed, setting JIKES to
$withval, which contains the value of the
last --with-threads option given.

Greetings,
Helmer