[kaffe] Running SpecJVM benchmarks on Kaffe

Ben Stephenson bdstephe at csd.uwo.ca
Tue Feb 18 07:51:01 PST 2003

Hello:

I have successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of Kaffe
out of CVS and I am able to execute a simple Java program on it (ie 'Hello
World').  At this point I am trying get the SpecJVM benchmarks up and
running but I'm not having too much success.  While I am able to get the
graphical benchmark startup progarm to run, the benchmarks fail to
complete with core dumps of various descriptions.  Has anyone else tried
to get these benchmarks to run with any success?  If so, did you have to
do anything special to make them go?  In case it helps, the output from
kaffe-bin -fullversion has been included at the end of the message.  Any
help that you could give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Ben Stephenson
ben at csd.uwo.ca

Engine: Interpreter   Version: 1.1.x-cvs   Java Version: 1.1
Configuration/Compilation options:
  Compile date  : Mon Feb 17 11:33:31 EST 2003
  Compile host  : stillwater
  Install prefix: /home/grads/bdstephe/root
  Thread system : unix-jthreads
  CC            : gcc
  CFLAGS        : -I/home/grads/bdstephe/root/include -I/usr/include -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes
  LDFLAGS       :
  ChangeLog head: 2003-02-14 Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com>