[kaffe] networkaddress.cache.ttl

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 21 04:13:01 PST 2003

hi Matthew,

--- Matthew Toseland <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org>
wrote:
> Does Kaffe support the security property
> "networkaddress.cache.ttl" ?

I don't think it does. A grep over the source tree
doesn't turn it up anywhere.

> Does it cache lookups at all? If so, what is the
> default time to cache
> them for?

I've read the code in
libraries/javalib/java/net/InetAddress*.java and
libraries/clib/net/InetAddressImpl.c, and I'd assume
that it doesn't. Neither does the pocketlinux version,
judging by their DNS.c file, despite that they
factored out the DNS handling code into kaffe.net.DNS.

InetAddress caching shouldn't be that hard to add,
though, if you'd like to submit a patch. You may also
want to take a look at the code in GNU Classpath's CVS
tree, which implements InetAddress caching. See
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/classpath/classpath/java/net/InetAddress.java?rev=1.15&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup