[kaffe] port problem

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 09:08:01 PST 2003

Hallo Jens,

--- Jens Syckor <js712688 at mail.inf.tu-dresden.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to port the newest kaffe version to
> m68k-atari-mint on my

Cool! There is definitely some action going on at the
moment on m68ks, as Tony is trying to get kaffe to
work on Amigas again.

You may want to take a look at
http://www.funet.fi/pub/atari/piwo-mint/Java/ , which
is a port of kaffe 0.9.1 (really, really old) to MiNT
nut it staill may be interesting to look at for ideas
;)

> atari falcon, but I got the following error during
> configure:
>
> configure:1312: checking for Cygwin environment
> configure:1328: gcc -c -g -O2 -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes
> -I/usr/local/include conftest.c 1>&5
> configure:1319: warning: function declaration isn't
> a prototype
> configure: In function `main':
> configure:1324: `__CYGWIN32__' undeclared (first use
> in this function)

that means that the Cygwin test (a unix-on-windows
implementation) breaks on your platform.

> configure:1352: warning: function declaration isn't
> a prototype
> configure: In function `main':
> configure:1353: `__MINGW32__' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> configure:1353: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> configure:1353: for each function it appears in.)

that means that the MingW32 (another unix-on-windows
implementation) test breaks on your platform.

Does the configure script quit after these tests, or
does it continue? I.e. do you get a Makefile after you
run ./configure, or not? In the first case, the errors
are probably irrelevant, in the second case, we'd have
to change the tests to something more compatible.

> Thanx, Jens from Dresden/Germany

cheers,
dalibor topic (Saarbruecken, Germany ;-)