[kaffe] Kaffe stack traces

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 23:59:01 PST 2003

hi Greg,

--- Greg Wooledge <greg at wooledge.org> wrote:
> These are the stack traces I've collected while
> running with
> Kaffe.  They're from various versions, so the code
> may or may not
> line up with what's in current Kaffe CVS.
>|
> > assertion "currentJThread->stopCounter < 10"
failed:
> file "jthread.c", line 1181

this one accounts for most of the crashes. I've bumped
up the counter maximum to 50 in the current CVS to fix
some other problems a while ago, it might help in this
case as well.

I'm waiting for a confirmation from Matthew that the
other crash (line 1750) still occurs with the latest
kaffe from CVS before I check in his patch, and then
you could give the current CVS a try. That will
hopefully work better.

I'd guess that no other application running on kaffe
uses that many threads, so Freenet is more likely to
find about bugs in the threading system than others.
Thanks for helping out with bug reports, stack traces
and patches.