[kaffe] Assertion failed in CVS kaffe

Matthew Toseland toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 24 17:16:02 PST 2003

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 10:05:57AM -0800, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> I've browsed through the archives, and I remember
> hearing Godmar say something about that assertion a
> while ago ... here it is:
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2002-August/008819.html
>
> So, does removing the assertion help?

So far, built from CVS, it seems to work fine with the assertion in. And
the IP address detection problem is fixed too, although I have heard
that Kaffe currently detects all interfaces on startup and never
rechecks, meaning that dynamic IPs won't work well, but I have also been
told this is being fixed. So all in all, things are looking pretty good.

--
Matthew Toseland
toad at amphibian.dyndns.org/amphibian at users.sourceforge.net
Full time freenet hacker.
http://freenetproject.org/
Freenet Distribution Node (temporary) at
ICTHUS.