[kaffe] [crash] Jython 2.1 Installer vs. jthread_disable_stop

Dalibor Topic robilad@yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 12:38:01 2003

Hi,

now that we've got Jython to run, I've tried to
install it using the Jaython 2.1 installer from
http://www.jython.org/download.html . That lead to an
interesting crash: the jthread_disable_stop assert
that checks if the disable_counter is less than 10
leads to a core dump. Increasing the disable_counter
limit to 50 lets most of the installer run, but it
still dumps core at the end of the installation
process at the same assert. Finally, increasing the
limit to 1000 leads to a core dump because of a stack
over flow exception.

Any idea how to debug this / what might be causing it
/ if it's fixed in JanosVM ?

best regards,