[kaffe] Problems of Kaffe on mips-linux platform

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 4 02:38:35 PST 2003

Hi Kim,

--- "Kim, Seong Beom" <sbkim at mail.marusys.com> wrote:

> 2. error compiling...
> Eight tests failed printing the same error messages
> like,
>
> error compiling:
> java.lang.ClassCastException: can't cast `[C' to
> `java/util/zip/ZipEntry'
>         at

at.dms.classfile.ZipClassDirectory.packageExists(ClassPath.java:388)
>         at

at.dms.classfile.ClassPath.packageExists(ClassPath.java:221)
>         at

at.dms.kjc.KjcClassReader.packageExists(KjcClassReader.java:110)
>         at

at.dms.kjc.JPackageImport.exists(JPackageImport.java:128)
>         at

at.dms.kjc.JPackageImport.analyse(JPackageImport.java:108)
>         at

at.dms.kjc.JCompilationUnit.checkBody(JCompilationUnit.java:257)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.checkBody(Main.java:409)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.run(Main.java:183)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.compile(Main.java:69)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.main(Main.java:60)
>

> What's the matter? Did I make a mistake during
> configuration?
> Is the 'Anonymous CVS link' on the kaffe.org site
> right place to get kaffe source?
> In case, I attach the whole 'make check' output.

That one looks very strange. Could you recompile the
class library using kjc 2.1B (i.e. don't specify
jikes, but
--with-jikes=/path-to/a-working-version-of/kjc ), and
see if it still fails?

Could you send me the java.util.zip.*.class files, and
I'll run them through the bcel verifier. (But please
don't send the whole rt.jar ;)

best regards,