[kaffe] Re-used event objects (again)

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 17:27:01 PST 2003

--- Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein at gmx.de> wrote:

> current behavior, I'm fine with that; I'm just
> wondering whether Kaffe
> wants to aim for consistency, in which case I could
> try patching Kaffe
> instead of changing Gzz.
>
> Any opinions?

Here's the way I see it in general terms:

If the behaviour is mandated by the 1.4 API spec, we
should behave as the spec says. If it is not, and
there is an inconsistency between kaffe and sun, we
should try to match Sun unless there is a good,
documented reason why we don't do so.

In the case above, I think patching kaffe would be
better than working around bugs. You should also take
a look at the pocketlinux sources for the AWT classes
you are going to patch, as they might already contain
fixes for such problems.

best regards,