[kaffe] Kaffe(VM...GCJ related topic

Linuxhippy linuxhippy at web.de
Wed Jan 8 11:32:02 PST 2003

Hi there!

>gcj's virtual machine is in the libraries.  With GCJ you are not as
>native as if you just programmed in C instead.

No, thats wrong.

GCJ compiles java to REAL native applications, but the libraries include
also an interpreter, so that the application can also load classes which
are not nativly compilied.

But the interpreter des not include a jit and is really very slow.

It would be interresting to know if it would be possible to put kaffe
into the libgcj as replacement for the current interpreter.

Mfg Clemens