[kaffe] Error in building kaffe (downloaded from CVS)

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 01:31:01 PST 2003

Hi Jacob,

--- Jacob Lee <jacobl0215 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> After the simple
>
> 1)./configure --prefix=/kaffedir
>
> 2)make
>
> I got the error:
>
> libtool: link: only absolute run-paths are allowed
> make[2]: *** [libnative.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> How to fix the error? Thanks!

Weird. /kaffedir looks like an absolute path to me.
Could you try /tmp/kaffedir and see if that one works
better?

Does the directory /kaffedir exist? Do you have the
right to write there? If it doesn't exist, do you have
the right to write into / ?

And of course, what platform (cpu & operating system)
are you on?

> BTW, according to the document, gmake should be used
> in case of downloading form CVS. Is that a
> requirement? In the above case, gmake didn't make a
> difference.

When you use CVS code, you need to use gmake, because
automake may generate gmake dependant code by default,
as far as I know.

best regards,