[kaffe] BCEL Verifier?

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 17:16:02 PST 2003

Hi Rob,

--- gonzo <Robert.N.Gonzalez at williams.edu> wrote:

> someone mentioned earlier that BCEL's verfier can
> fun on the latest CVS
> version of Kaffe.  has anyone successfully
> integrated it into kaffe?

You need to apply this patch at the moment:
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-January/028610.html

It runs on kaffe, so you can use the GraphicalVerifier
if you add swing.jar to the CLASSPATH, or the
commandline Verifier to verify single classes. But it
hasn't been integrated, as in "delegate verification
to it". It comes under the ASF license, and that one
supposedly (says FSF) doesn't mix well with the GPL. I
wouldn't like to start another licensing war ;)

On the other hand, it doesn't exactly fly on kaffe ;)
If someone would ever want to intergrate it, I'd
recommend using some verifier-database that would
cache verifier results for classes.

Anyway, I've used it to verify latest kjc-compiled
rt.jar. I can post the results online, if anyone is
interested. They are mostly O.K., except for a few
rejected methods that need to have someone take a
close look at them to see if kjc is producing bad
bytecodes.

best regards,
dalibor topic

p.s. how is your verifier coming along?