[kaffe] Is it a bug? System.loadLibrary() fails...

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 02:35:01 PST 2003

Hi Seong,

--- "Kim, Seong Beom" <sbkim at mail.marusys.com> wrote:
> Dear members,
>
> This is the source code for simple test
> application...
>
> ### begins here
> import java.lang.*;
> public class LoadTest
> {
>         public static void main( String[] args )
>         {
>                 System.loadLibrary( "pthread" );
>         }
> };
> ### ends here
>

> When I executed the java application with Kaffe on
> my i386-linux-red hat 7.3,
> it failed with this message.

It should have been fixed with this patch :
2003-01-02 Helmer Kraemer <hkraemer at freenet.de>

        * kaffe/kaffevm/external.c:
        (LIBRARYLOAD) use lt_dlopenext instead of
lt_dlopen. Let Libtool
        append the extensions itself.
        (LTDL_ARCHIVE_EXT) removed.
        (libSuffixes) removed.
        (TRY_LOAD_FOUND, TRY_LOAD_NOT_FOUND,
TRY_LOAD_ERROR) removed.
        (loadNativeLibrary2) just use LBRARYLOAD.

        * libltdl/ltdl.c:
        (lt_dlopenext) contained a bug that prevented
it
        from trying to load  non-libtool libraries.

Could you update your sources from the CVS and check
if it works?

best regards,