[kaffe] [crash] Jython 2.1 Installer vs. jthread_disable_stop

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 02:49:01 PST 2003

--- Greg Wooledge <greg at wooledge.org> wrote:
> Dalibor Topic (robilad at yahoo.com) wrote:
>
> > Could you guys check if you still get them using
> the
> > latest source from CVS when you configure kaffe
> > --with-engine=intrp ?
>
> OpenBSD 3.2 i386
> ./configure --with-engine=intrp
> gmake
>
> (cd .libs && gcc -c -fno-builtin -fno-rtti
> -fno-exceptions "kaffe-binS.c")
> rm -f .libs/kaffe-binS.c .libs/kaffe-bin.nm
> .libs/kaffe-bin.nmS .libs/kaffe-bin.nmT
> gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -o
> .libs/kaffe-bin main.o version.o .libs/kaffe-binS.o
> -L../kaffevm/.libs -lkaffevm -L/usr/local/lib -lm
> ../../libltdl/.libs/libltdlc.al
> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/i386
> -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib
> ld: -lkaffevm: no match
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> gmake[2]: *** [kaffe-bin] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/src/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe'
>
> This is the same build failure I reported back in
> August 2002.  At
> the time, the suggested workaround (from Arne and
> Dalibor) was:
>
> > > I added the following lines after lines 132 in
> the
> > > current readonly
> > > CVS kaffe/libtool:
> > > if test "X`uname`" = XOpenBSD; then
> > >   need_version=yes
> > > fi
>
> This still works, although the number 132 is now a
> bit too low. :)
> It's going to be a while until I can report anything
> on the assertions,
> of course -- even with 1.0.7 they sometimes take a
> day or two to
> appear.

I had hoped that the upgarde to libtool 1.4.3 would
make these go away, but it obviously didn't happen.
Nevertheless, browsing through the libttol ChangeLog,
I see that they've done some OpenBSD work ... If you
want this resolved upstream, you could use Dan's patch
to upgrade kaffe to latest libtool from CVS, and see
if that one works better on OpenBSD. If it doesn't
please submit a bug report & the patch to the libtool
mailing list so they can take a look at it and merge
it in, fixing this one for everybody.

I'm sorry if this seems like a long delay from just
checking it in, but as this is actually a bugfix for
libtool, I'd prefer to see it go there first, so that
the libtool developers can comment on it and merge it
in.

Dan's patch can be found at
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2002-December/028511.html
and it upgrades kaffe 1.0.7 to latest libtool from
CVS. It may or may not work with the CVS version, that
hasn't been tested yet ;) On the other hand, this
build error occurrs with 1.0.7, too, right?

best regards,