[kaffe] kaffe + (application from)JOrbisPlayer

Silvano Galliani silvano.galliani at milug.org
Thu Jan 16 02:15:02 PST 2003

Compiling and runnning JOrbisPlayer(and my apps derived called dncj
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/dnc/ ) is something
problematic:
1) although jogg and jorbis( ogg and vorbis java packages derived from
libvorbis) are in CLASSPATH, javac can't find it so I have to do
manually
2) after that the app runs(with sun's 1.1 swing libs) and doesn't work.
I've noticed that if I compile jogg and jorbis packages with sun's javac
it works perfectly.
The classes involved in the packages are:
java/lang/Object.class
java/lang/String.class
java/lang/Exception.class
java/lang/Throwable.class
java/lang/Math.class
java/lang/System.class
java/lang/Integer.class
java/lang/Number.class
java/lang/StringBuffer.class
java/lang/Error.class
java/lang/RuntimeException.class
java/lang/Float.class

java/io/Serializable.class
java/io/InputStream.class
java/io/RandomAccessFile.class
java/io/FileNotFoundException.class
java/io/IOException.class
java/io/PrintStream.class
java/io/FilterOutputStream.clas
java/io/OutputStream.class
java/io/FileInputStream.class
java/io/FileDescriptor.class
java/io/File.class

Differently if I compile it (all the app) with jikes it is so slooow
the sound works but the threads and the swing gui is blocked.
Can U explain me why ?
Best Regards
Silvano Galliani aka kysucix
P.S. Beautiful work with kaffe, still young but it beautiful :))
P.S.S.  I used bleeding edge technology kaffe from cvs