[kaffe] Need help with kaffe on linux

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 19 13:44:01 PST 2003

Hi Jeremiah,

--- jeremiah matogo <glaid8or at mref.co.ke> wrote:
> I use redHat 5.1 and want to develop java programs.
> However whenever I compile them using guavac then
> try to run them using kaffe, it gives errors like
> CLASSPATH not set and such. Could any body give
> detailed step-by-step instructions on how to set the
> CLASSPATH so that I can get my kaffe working?

guavac is orphaned upstream. It appears to be dead.
I'd recommend using kaffe's own java compiler kjc, or
jikes to compile your java programs.

On the other hand, if you feel that you have to use
guavac, you should post the exact error message you
get from kaffe, including the output of kaffe
-fullversion. Then somebody might be able to help you
further.

best regards,