[kaffe] Rewriting class library compilation

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Fri Jan 24 11:19:01 PST 2003

Dalibor wrote:
> before I go and rewrite class library compilation a
> little bit, I'd like to hear if anyone has attempted
> to fix the remaining issues with class library
> compilation.

Despite saying I would, I never got around to trying anything to
address this.  But your approach is what I had been thinking of.  The
only downside I foresaw is the automake packaging stuff that might
get angry about not having a list of files visible in the Makefile.am
(for generating tar files, etc) -- I don't know enough about automake
to know if that's really a problem, though.

I think it should work great in terms of compilations and making
Kaffe's java build system easier to work with.

You might think about making the pass description files (or files
generated from them) make-compatible so you can just do a make-level
"include".  That might get you better dependency support (or it might
just be a PITA).

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
                   A closed mouth gathers no foot.