[kaffe] JIT3 on M68k Platform (Amiga/Linux)

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed Jul 2 14:59:01 PDT 2003

Hi Dalibor,

>That's weird, since the last change to

That is the code :-) When I try to fetch from repository by specifying
date, (-D option) '2002-11-11' gives the older version and I used this
date. Maybe, still I may use cvs in wrong way...

>. The diffs contain only more character set aliases. Maybe I got some of the
>japanese coverter alises wrong?

And again, you are correct for the mod. But I think (or believe) the
code should not be bad. The jitter (jit3 for m68k) may treated it in
wrong way. When I notice this makes everything to be silent, I also
am so surprised!

But, sorry, I don't set higher priority to fix this (because there is
one adhoc solution) but try to setup m68k/netbsd and KJC issue. Without
having kjc working, I can not conclude whether jit3 is slower than
jit or not. (Usual regression tests are so small to measure the
performance properly)

Kiyo