[kaffe] Release 1.1.0 on Amiga M68k Platform

Tony Wyatt wyattaw at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 3 01:18:01 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I complained last week that I could not get 1.1.0 to build because of
missing "inet.h" and other includes on my system.

I had a brainwave and replaced the library directory libraries/clib/net/
with the same directory from release 1.0.7. Now kaffe builds and runs (at
least in interpreter mode).

I got 12 failures out of the 137 tests. One of these is Linux-specific,
three are things missing from /net/, a couple are due to functionality
missing from my Amiga libraries (like execvp). The test suite took 6h 7m to
run on my 68060/50 MHz machine.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased. Apart from the /net/ library problem (which
remains to be fixed), the only change I had to make to get kaffe to run was
to #undefine GETPAGESIZE in config.h.

Now on to JITs . . .

cheers
tony