[kaffe] Porting Kaffe on Cray

Kevin D. Kissell kevink at mips.com
Mon Jul 7 15:56:01 PDT 2003

 > I am working on issues regarding porting of Kaffe on
> Cray machine and I was just wondering if there are
> some suggestion regarding that, Cray is a 64 bit
> machine so the obvious changes will be related to
> porting kaffe on 64 bit machine.

What kind of Cray machine are you talking about
here?  One of the classic vector jobs, a T3D-style
array of Alphas, or one of the newer Cray Inc.
multithreaded machines?  Your problems will be
quite different depending on which of those it is.
64-bit-ness has been handled in the kaffe ports
to Alpha and IA64, so the platform-independent sources
are probably pretty 64-bit clean, and I think that will
actually be the least of your problems.