[kaffe] Shutdown patch

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem.lavaux at free.fr
Tue Jul 8 11:31:01 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 08 July 2003 18:24, Timothy Stack wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> hi,
>
> > This patch adds the ShutdownHook (Java 1.3) feature to kaffe. Here is
> > a=20 Changelog:
>
> Neat, can you make a test case for it please?
>
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Guilhem.

Ok, here it is. By the way, I have found that the previous patch breaks the
normal exit. This one should be right: I had to move a intsDisable() just at
the right place in jthread.c.

To add to the Changelog:

* test/regression/HookTest.java: new test case for
java.lang.Runtime.(add|remove)ShutdownHook
* libraries/java/lang/Thread.java (Thread, finish): removed calls to
kaffe/lang/Application
* kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-jthreads/jthread.c: moved intsDisable to permit
the call to runOnExit in full threaded mode.

> thanks,

No problem,

Guilhem.