[kaffe] shutdownHook changes broke the build

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem.lavaux at free.fr
Tue Jul 8 23:46:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have reversed one or two things concerning kaffe.lang.Application to bring
it back in CVS and added its functionality in java.lang.Runtime.exit. This
must be considered as a temporary patch to make kaffe works as I do not think
that kaffe.lang.Application creates an inner application really rightly (for
example I can only have one Application unless I want to mess everything in
the VM and Application cannot be multithreaded). Maybe this should be cleaned
up with a sort of kaffe.lang.ProcessGroup which contains all threads of a
sub-process and Application should be an object attribute of a Thread...

Regards,

Guilhem.

P.S.: Someone will need to re-add kaffe/lang/Application.java and
clib/native/Application.c

P.P.S: Apparently this patch compiles on my computer but ShutdownHookTest has
a problem while removing the "dummy" thread as it is executed during the
shutdown phase. I will have a look this evening...