[kaffe] Kaffe-1.1.0 .. "missing X support" on NetBSD 1.6.1

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 03:24:01 PDT 2003

Hi Graham,

--- Graham Jenkins <grahjenk at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure if anyone else has noticed this.  If you compile kaffe-1.1.0 under
> NetBSD 1.6.1 (i386),  it works OK - except that there's an AWT library
> missing.  Turns out that 'configure' is deciding that X is not available.
>
> So I tried './configure --with-awt=X' .. and it came back with: ' .. missing
> X support'.  Seems like  kaffe maybe be expecting some header files which
> aren't in /usr/X11R6/include ..
>
> Any thoughts?

I don't know if NetBSD separates packages into a user and developer part, but
some Linux distributions do. If there is an xfree-develop package for NetBSd,
could you try installing that and reconfiguring. Other than that, there may be
a problem with the X detection code in configure.in. In order to confirm that,
please take a look at the configure.log file, and post the results of the X
checks.