[kaffe] porting kaffe to uclinux

Andrea Scian andrea.scian at katamail.com
Mon Jul 14 01:05:01 PDT 2003

hi all!
I'm trying to port kaffe on a m68k-uclinux system (the building system is x86-CygWin) and I have to make some changes to some the kaffe file.
In particular I have to change the enviroment variables like CFLAGS, LDFLAGS and others to support my target, 'til now I have just set them before calling ./configure, like this:

CC=m68k-elf-gcc NM=m68k-elf-nm AR=m68k-elf-ar \
  CFLAGS="-m5307 -g -Wl,-elf2flt" \
  LDFLAGS="-m5307 -Wl,-elf2flt" \
  KAFFEH=/....../kaffeh \
  LIBS=-lc \
./configure --host=m68k-linux --build=i686-linux [more options...]

For LDFLAGS and the others it's ok but CFLAGS is hardcoded in config/m68k/linux/config.frag, so it overwrite my definition...
what should I do?
is it better to make another directory under /config/m68k called uclinux and put there my options or there is a better solution?

p.s. think about that I will also have to do some other changes (hope not to the source files!!! ;-)