[kaffe] Notes on kaffe (GNU Classpath integration) todo items

Chris Gray chris at kiffer.eunet.be
Mon Jul 14 01:17:01 PDT 2003

On Monday 14 July 2003 00:11, Mark Wielaard wrote:

> - javax.comm stuff
>   - Kaffe has incomplete stubs
>   - There is the rxtx (sp?) project which has been usable.
>     (Check kaffe mailinglist archives)
>     They have ported to lots of platforms
>   - Wonka also has a implementation... (Status?)

Wonka implementation status:
  [+] works, tested in a number of real-life situations. Uses async i/o on
Linux.
  [-] ugly as hell: hard-coded data structures for 4 serial ports, giant
switch statements, etc. Uses Wonka Native Interface (WNI), would need porting
to JNI (but this is not hard).

For a project I'm working on currently it could be interesting to either
convert the current Wonka implementation to JNI or switch to rxtx. Has anyone
out there anyhing good or bad to say about rxtx?

--
Chris Gray                                /k/ Embedded Java Solutions
Embedded & Mobile Java, OSGi              http://www.kiffer.be/k/