[kaffe] porting kaffe to uclinux

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jul 14 04:04:01 PDT 2003

Hi Andrea,

Andrea Scian wrote:
> hi all!
> I'm trying to port kaffe on a m68k-uclinux system (the building system is x86-CygWin) and I have to make some changes to some the kaffe file.

Have you looked at the pocketlinux sources for m68k-uclinux? they are
here:
http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/pocketlinux/XOE_1.0/src/kaffe-all/src/config/m68k/
and might be helpful.

> is it better to make another directory under /config/m68k called uclinux and put there my options or there is a better solution?

that's what transvirtual did, yes. I think that's the best option, since
uclinux is somewhat different from common linux.

Given that you have to specify some specific options for cross
compilation, you may want to take a look at Kiyo's config.frag for
superh-linux here
http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kaffe/config/superh/linux/config.frag?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> p.s. think about that I will also have to do some other changes (hope not to the source files!!! ;-)

I'm looking forward to your patches ;)