[kaffe] porting kaffe to uclinux

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jul 14 04:16:01 PDT 2003

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>For LDFLAGS and the others it's ok but CFLAGS is hardcoded in
>>config/m68k/linux/config.frag,
>

> Humm, all flags in CFLAGS should not be mandatory, we can delete
> this line at all.

The gcc docs say :

  -fomit-frame-pointer
               Don't  keep  the  frame  pointer  in a register for
functions that don't need one.  This avoids the instructions to save,
set up and restore frame
               pointers; it also makes an extra register available in
many functions.  It also makes debugging impossible on most machines.

Could you give it a try and see if it really is the case on m68k-linux?