StackTraceElements (Was: [kaffe] Notes on kaffe (GNU Classpath integration) todo items)

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jul 15 02:52:01 PDT 2003

Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 10:19, Helmer Krämer wrote:
>
>>i've got a working version of this in my local tree
>>(jetty for jdk 1.4 was working fine with it), but
>>somehow didn't get around to commit it :( Could you
>>probably post a patch of your implementation so I
>>can fix and commit it?
>
> With this patch the attached program gives the following stack trace:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>    at Throw.testNull (Throw.java:17)
>    at Throw.main (Throw.java:5)
>
> java.lang.ArithmeticException
>    at Throw.testDivZero (Throw.java:30)
>    at Throw.main (Throw.java:7)
>
> java.lang.Exception: b confused
>    at Throw.a (Throw.java:58)
>    at Throw.testChain (Throw.java:42)
>    at Throw.main (Throw.java:9)
> Caused by: java.lang.Exception: d broken
>    at Throw.c (Throw.java:75)
>    at Throw.b (Throw.java:64)
>    at Throw.a (Throw.java:54)
>    ...2 more
> Caused by: java.lang.Exception: fatal error
>    at Throw.e (Throw.java:86)
>    at Throw.d (Throw.java:81)
>    at Throw.c (Throw.java:71)
>    ...4 more

nice! I hope Helmer can take a look at the patch, since he's been
working on the same problem.

I like the way Mark's changes introduce Classpath's separation of
VM-dependant implementation bits in VMSomething classes. That will make
further merges of the code with Classpath easier.

> BTW how do you keep track of copyrights? I added a new copyright header
> to every file I changed, but looking through the rest of the sources
> this seems not customary.

Adding copyright information to a file is fine. When I want to know who
wrote what, I usually use CVS and the ChangeLog, though I guess
explicitely saying that developer X has worked on some file Y doesn't
hurt. ;)